Governor’s Medals For Science and Technology
Nominations Now Open for the 2015 Governor’s Medals for Science & Technology
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) and the Utah Science Technology and Research agency (USTAR) are accepting nominations for the 29th annual awards to be presented in January 2016.
Since 1987, the Governor’s Medal award program has recognized those who have provided distinguished service or made significant career achievements to benefit the State of Utah in the areas of science and technology.
Nomination form: 2015_science_medals_nomination
- Education – Higher Ed
- Education – K-12
- Industry or Government – Individual
- Industry – Company
Any Utah resident or organization may submit nominations, and the nomination deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, October 30, 2015.
- The nominee must be a full-time resident of Utah for at least five consecutive years immediately preceding the award year.
- If the recipient has been nominated in prior years, please resubmit a 2015 nomination form.
- The nominee must have demonstrated accomplishments in the fields of science, science/STEM education, engineering technology or technology management.
- Previous award recipients and current members of the Medals review committee are not eligible for nomination.
Accomplishments may include:
- Direct and/or indirect economic impact to Utah
- Direct and/or indirect impact on Utah’s students
- Documented peer recognition
- Value or significance of intellectual property, patent or technological advancement
- Significance regarding social impact, public awareness, business or environmental impact or other
As needed and at the discretion of the Medals review committee, nominees (or their advocates) selected from the first round of applications may be asked to submit a second, more complete application package. This submission would provide expanded detail regarding the significance and accomplishments of the candidate and/or letters of support.
If a company is nominated in the Industry category, the Medals review committee may request details regarding those individual and group efforts within the company that contributed to the outstanding accomplishments of the company as a whole.
Nominees who have not submitted a first-round application may not be considered, unless specifically solicited by the Medals review committee.
Please email the completed nomination form to email@example.com
or mail to: GOED – Science Medals, 60 E. South Temple, Third Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
The Science Medals award dinner is scheduled for January 13, 2016 in Sandy, UT.